Thursday, October 21, 2010

Stygiophobia

Hello there.

What the hell is up guys. "Image uploads will be disabled for two hours due to maintenance at 5:00PM PDT Wednesday, Oct. 20th." This is. (Yayyyyyy! Short post today!!!)

So school started, and I'm pretty ticked off by:
1. My timetable
2. My timetable
3. The timetable committee (I don't even know if they exist)
4. A module called CBS

Now, I have no idea what the hell CBS stands for, and there must be a reason why I'm not interested to find out. (No offense to Ms/Mrs/Mdm Palam though, she's nice) So this module teaches you how to write your resume, get your portfolio together and how to deal with an interview. That's right, how to freaking ace an interview.

Well, a lot of people may argue, "Jiawei, some people need to learn how to 'sell themselves well' (no I don't mean prostitution.)" I say, screw that shit.

People, don't you see what the world is doing to us? On one hand, you're telling us to be ourselves, don't lie to your heart and all the other cheesy motivational phrases to spur us on and in the next minute, you're teaching us what we SHOULD say during an interview and what we SHOULD do in order to secure a job that you really want.

Well, is it just me, or does this feel like the second phase of some kind of dictatorship. (Is that the right word? Idk, screw it) It's like we're living exactly how the Society wants us to live. They are messin' with our minds.

I'm not saying that I'm gonna walk in naked for an interview in the future, but I think it's good for us to know that, we're not living for ourselves anymore. (Yay!) Y'know why? Because most of us can't bear to disappoint the people around us. The people who mean a lot.

So the only time you're gonna start living your life to the fullest is when you have 10 Million bucks, that way you can do whatever you want without disappointing others because you can provide for them, for yourselves, etc.

Now the question is, "How do you get the 10 million dollars?" It's simple, either get really lucky OR work your ass off. And the damn thing about work is, you probably have to start by sitting through an interview. SEE! YOU GET IT NOW? TOTAL MIND-F. If Inception has 5 levels, Life itself has 1000000000000 freaking billion levels.

I am digressing but I don't care, caz that's the way it works. Angsty post is angsty. And besides, how you handle an interview's pretty much common sense right?

Links are at <----- (somewhere above) the sidebar. Formspring, facebook. Share your suggestions/ ideas/ random topics you’d like me to draw or blog about. And if you wanna add me on facebook/leave me a response. JUST DO IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment