Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Off the Heezaaaaayye.

Hello there.

Hey what's up guys. I have decided that... I'm not gonna publicize my posts anymore. (yay!) But I'll be posting daily? I guess? Or more often, I'd say.

Soooo, I saw this video on youtube some time back. As always, I wanted to show you guys the vid. But I forgot to. Haha. So it's about this black dude (african american), raging on the song "Grenade" by Bruno Mars. So if you're a fan of Bruno Mars. Then maybe you don't really wanna watch it. But if you're a fan of Bruno Mars with a sense of humour, then yea you should watch it. So the video is about him talking about how stupid the lyrics to "Grenade" are. I think it's actually pretty funny. Link's over >>> Here.

So at some point in our lives, we've all heard a song that makes us go, "Dude, wtf?" (I know it because some people told me that after listening to songs in my ipod.) And, there's this song that makes me think the same thing too. Well, I mean, I understand if the tune's nice or whatever. But the lyrics don't make sense.

I'm sure most of you have heard the song, "Irreplaceable" by the one and only Beyonce. There are mainly 4 points that I wanna talk about.

1. "To the left, to the left" - This phrase is supposed to be like the "punchline" of the song, to make the song catchy or whatever, I guess? Only thing is, it doesn't relate to the title "Irreplaceable" at all. Only thing that follows is , "everything you own in the box to the left" Like... Okayyyy. I mean like, what? Is that some kinda OCD or what. Can't the guy put his stuff on the right? Or middle? Or at the back?

2. Weird English - So, don't get me wrong. I'm not some kinda English freak or something, but the song is filled with weird English. Like, "please don't touch" It sounds weird doesn't it? Maybe not when she sings it, but picture the sentence with a Singaporean accent. Totally beng like. And "you was untrue" Were not was. "Don't you ever for a second get to thinking, you're irreplaceable". Like...... Wut? Sorry, didn't catch that. Second get to thinking?????

3. "You must not know 'bout me" - No shit. What are you? Some kind of James Bond or something? Lemme get this straight, "You don't know about me" =/= "You must not know 'bout me". Okay?

4. "Irreplaceable" - that's the whole point of the song right? "Don't you ever for a second get to thinking, you're irreplaceable", probably means she's telling that guy he can be replaced. So like, I don't get it, caz if she wanted to replace a guy, why the hell did the next part of the song say, "I could have another you in a minute." That's like going out for dinner and saying, "Y'know what guys, let's have McDonald's instead of McDonald's". So y'know what, why not tell the guy, "Hey, you suck so much, I'm gonna replace you, with you, because the other you, sucks too." That's seriously one messed up bitch.

So that's all. But people find it good. I mean, the song sold worldwide. Award-winning and all too. So.... who am I to judge. Hahah I probably can't do better. Peace?

Links are at <----- (somewhere above) the sidebar. Formspring, facebook. Share your suggestions/ ideas/ random topics you’d like me to draw or blog about. And if you wanna add me on facebook/leave me a response. JUST DO IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment